Classes can be booked by telephone, email, in person or on our Website. However, your booking will only be secured by a deposit of 25% of the full term’s fees or £20. Subject to the cancellation provisions set out below, this deposit shall be non-refundable. The Booking will not be deemed confirmed until this deposit has been paid in full and the registration process has been completed by you in accordance with the instructions on the Website. If the Booking is made by any method other than through our website, you will be required to register online with us, ensuring all details we hold are complete and correct. The legally binding contract between us, which includes these Terms and Conditions, will be formed once this registration process is completed.
You will receive an email confirmation of your booking once your account has been debited or your payment has been received, together with a receipt of your payment. Please email us should you be unsure of any details. Your statutory rights are not affected.
In order to give existing Kernow Hydro customers priority for classes each term, we use a re-booking system for customers who pay by direct debit. This means that, unless you inform us that you either wish to change day or time, or alternatively that you wish to stop altogether, we may re-book you onto the next course during the current term. In order to ensure your place, we recommend that you set up payment by direct debit, or pay the deposit prior to the rebooking deadline.
During the last few weeks of each term we will send you details of classes for the following term via email. This will outline the dates and times of the classes during the next term, the total cost of the term fees, and the date upon which re-booking will take place. If you have a direct debit set up, on or after the date we have specified for re-booking you authorise us to take payment of the first installment due. If you have not set up a direct debit, or have previously paid your fees by either cash, card or cheques, we will need to have received payment of the deposit for the next term from you by the date we have specified as the re-booking deadline, otherwise you will not be re-booked into the course and we will not be able to guarantee you a place.
If you have set up a direct debit, but do not wish to be automatically rebooked in for the next term, please inform us by email as soon as possible. If you do not wish to be re-booked for any new term it is imperative that you inform us by the given re-booking deadline. If you have set up a direct debit and you have not contacted us by the specified deadline your place will be re-booked and the refunds policy referred to below will apply.
You will not be re-booked if: (a) your current class date or time need to change for any reason, (b) if you have not set up a direct debit, or if you pay by either cash or card, and your deposit payment for the new term has not reached us by the re-booking deadline date and/or (c) you have informed us before the re-booking deadline date that you do not wish to re-book.
Changing Class Dates and Times
As time progresses you may find your class size reducing (as parents return to work etc.). Once a class has become too small to function properly we may need to merge it with another. We try to keep class times as similar as possible but unfortunately cannot always guarantee this. If the merger of your class with another results in a change of your class dates or times, we will endeavour to give you as much notice as possible.
When you pay for classes by direct debit, you give us permission to take payment when necessary, i.e. upon re-booking, purchasing photo shoot products, swim kits, baby wetsuits from us, etc. You will always be informed prior to the date of any payments being taken. Should you not wish for us to take payments in this way, you must ensure that you inform us at the point of booking classes or purchasing sundries or additional services from us, and that you make payment at this point by some other means.
If you need to change your account details for the direct debit for whatever reason, please contact us rather than just cancelling the existing one.
If the fees are being paid for by someone other than yourself, you are responsible for informing that person of our payment policies, deadlines etc., and relaying any communication with regard to re-booking or payments of any sort.
If the Customer fails to make payment of fees by the due date, we reserve the right to refuse to allow the Participant to take part in the Session, and any sums already paid for the course shall be non-refundable.
Further if you do not make payment to us by the due date, we reserve the right to charge you interest on the overdue sum at the rate of 4% per annum above the Bank of England base lending rate from time to time. Interest will accrue on a daily basis from the due date for payment until the actual date of payment of the overdue sum. You must pay any interest due when paying an overdue sum.
Refunds and Cancellations
Although the right to cancel under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 does not apply to Kernow Hydro, when you first become a Kernow Hydro customer, you may cancel your contract at any time prior to rebooking deadline, and we will refund your fees. Should you cancel within 14 days prior to the first class date (up to 5.30pm the evening before) we will issue a refund minus the deposit.
In the unfortunate event that the pool cannot be used in the short term, we will endeavour, where possible, to reschedule your lesson. In the event of us having to cancel a lesson we will either give you a class credit or issue a refund by BACS payment within 5 working days of the end of the term.
Where the pool is not available on a longer term basis (in excess of one week), on grounds outside our control (not including operational issues with the pool), then we cannot be responsible for providing any replacement lessons for those missed, so will offer a credit or refund, or use some or all of this amount as a deposit for the next term if you pay by direct debit, or by prior consent if you pay by any other method.
Kernow Hydro is under no obligation to refund lessons that may be missed due to local adverse weather when the centre and environs are safe and accessible and lessons are held. We regret that we are unable to offer automatic refunding or rescheduling of lessons in the event of adverse conditions local to yourselves preventing you from attending a scheduled class. We will, however, offer a class credit should the weather conditions mean we need to close and therefore lessons are not held.
Video and Photography
Whilst the family atmosphere we encourage means that parents, grandparents and friends should feel very comfortable in viewing the classes, taking photographs or video footage is not permitted at any time in the pool area, unless prior permission is given by the teacher and others attending the classes. In all instances, the decision of our staff is final.
No underwater cameras or underwater recording equipment of any description may be used during any of our sessions.
Where possible, at some point during the term we will take a picture of you and your child with other parents and children (should you wish). We would like to be able to use these photographs for promotional and publicity purposes. Please indicate when signing the form at the back of these Conditions whether you consent to our sharing any photograph on the internet, on social media or in any other promotional material. Photographs will not be used for any other purpose.
Valuables and Jewellery
All property left in changing rooms or on poolside and all property (including prams) left in entrance halls or outside, is left at your own risk. Kernow Hydro cannot accept any responsibility for the loss or damage of any personal possessions. Please remove all jewellery (except wedding rings) before entering the water.
You will be asked for any existing medical conditions for either yourself, another carer who may swim in the lessons and the baby booked into the lessons at the end of these Terms and Conditions. You agree to inform us of any changes, including pregnancy, as soon as you are aware of them. All information will be kept strictly confidential.
Should your child or the adult taking your child into the water have, or develop, any known or suspected medical condition that could be contagious in the pool environment, you must please consult your doctor before bringing them swimming and inform us. All information received is treated in confidence and with sensitivity.
Never bring your child swimming if they have any illness such as an ear infection, diarrhoea, vomiting, chicken pox, impetigo, conjunctivitis, bad cold when also showing a high temperature.
Please wait until your doctor has given the all-clear before returning to classes.
In the instance of sickness and diarrhoea your child must have been clear of all symptoms for at least 48 hours before attending a lesson.
Our teachers may refuse entry to the pool if they reasonably believe that your child is not well enough to participate.
Withdrawal of Service
Kernow Hydro may at its own discretion refuse entry to a customer to its classes if it is felt that their behaviour or the behaviour of those associated with them is unreasonable.
Health, Safety And Instructions
- Customers are responsible for their children at all times.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to inform their teacher of health issues or anything else that could affect their or their child’s capabilities in the pool, and enjoyment of Kernow Hydro classes. You agree to inform us of any changes, including pregnancy, as soon as you are aware of them. All information provided will be treated confidentially.
- Nappies (including disposable swim nappies) must be taken away with you and not left at the pool premises.
- Customers may not run on the side of the pool or enter the pool or pool area without prior permission of a member of staff.
- Customers must adhere to any pool notices posted around the pool area.
- Customers should aim to arrive at the centre 15 minutes before the class to ensure they have sufficient time to be ready for their class to start
- Customers are asked to enter the changing rooms no earlier than 15 minutes before the start of their class, and leave no later than 15 minutes are their class has finished, to help improve changing room comfort and reduce congestion.
- Whilst you are waiting for your class, please keep poolside noise down to a minimum so that all lessons can take place in a calm and peaceful atmosphere. Do not enter the pool until the current class has finished; please always wait to be invited to do so by your teacher.
- Pushchairs etc should not be left in the changing rooms and a member of staff will advise you of where they can be safely left. We have designed our changing rooms with babies in mind, so baby car seats can be taken in and left in the changing area when needed.
- Food is forbidden in the pool area including the changing rooms.
- Smoking is forbidden in any pool building and pool grounds.
- Strictly no outdoor footwear is to be worn past the door through to the changing rooms and pool area.
- You must not bring your child to a class for at least 48 hours after being clear of any symptoms of illness, sickness or diarrhoea, or at least two weeks after being clear of symptoms in the very rare event of cryptosporidiosis. If in doubt seek medical advice, and check with your teacher prior to entering the class.
- We have supplied suitable baby changing mats and benches for your use, but please be mindful of others and clean up any accidents your child may have whilst using these.
- Please never leave a child unattended at any point in the changing rooms or pool area. They are your responsibility at all times, unless being left for the Oz Squads classes, in which case, please ensure that they have been seen by the teacher prior to you leaving them there.
- All swimmers must rinse under the shower prior to entering the pool.
- If showering afterwards, please DO NOT USE any body wash or hair products in the showers.
- Lost property found in the pool area or anywhere else at the centre, it will be left in the lost property box to the right of reception.
Whilst it is our policy that we endeavour to ensure you always have the same teacher, we cannot guarantee this as teachers fall ill, leave etc. Also, due to the extremely thorough nature of our training, we may occasionally need to have a new teacher teaching your class. They are always fully trained at this point, but need to teach a series of ‘live classes’ in order to complete their assessment process. Unfortunately we cannot give advance warning when this may happen and, whilst we always try to limit it, it is a necessary part of our commitment to quality.
Exclusion of Liability
In the absence of any proven negligence, lack of due diligence or breach of duty by the teacher(s), Kernow Hydro, or its employees, the participation of you, your spouse/partner, child or those in whose care you have placed your child for the purpose of attending or observing Kernow Hydro swimming sessions is done so entirely at your and their own risk.
Kernow Hydro is committed to providing good child safeguarding practice for all our swimmers and we follow the STA Safeguarding Policy – which can be found at https://www.sta.co.uk/policies/safeguarding-policy/ Our Kernow Hydro policy is one where we accept that good safeguarding and fair play is paramount for all our swimmers.
Changes to Terms and Conditions
From time to time we may update these terms and conditions by sending you either an updated version or notification of minor changes. You are free to not accept these changes but we would ask you to notify us in writing of your non acceptance within 14 days of your receipt, failing which we will be entitled to treat our agreement with you as being subject to the updated version.