So the big question: Is it safe? Here is the latest from the CDC https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/parks-rec/aquatic-venues.html and the UK government https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-announces-gyms-and-pools-to-reopen-safely and the Swim Teachers Association https://www.sta.co.uk/news/2020/03/25/government-measures-on-swimming-pools-during-covid-19-outbreak/
Basically we need to be vigilant with our cleaning (as always), manage our classes, changeovers and restrict numbers.
We are conforming to the government guidelines regarding social distancing and wearing of facemasks indoors (but not in the pool).
The ‘normal’ entrance WILL NOT be used, please come to the side door opposite the reception desk to enter & exit the building.
The viewing area /spectator platform is CLOSED.
The barn/cafe and play are inside is CLOSED.
There are chairs available in front of reception for you to sit and change your shoes.
We are restricted to the amount of people we can have on site and need to manage the classes and sessions to meet the guidelines. If we don’t we could be closed down. Please help us keep our facility open for you by following the guidelines.
Top 5 things you can do to help:
1. Do not come to Kernow Hydro if you have any symptoms of ANY contagious illness, or have been ill recently . Check out the contagious diseases link on the website for a list of common childhood lurgies & the NHS site for C-19 symptoms.
2. Adhere to the social distance guidelines when at Kernow Hydro.
3. Adhere to hygiene & cleanliness guidelines when at Kernow Hydro, masks must be worn in change rooms and pool area.
4. Ensure you place any equipment you use in the blue mesh bag on the platform at the end of your session.
5. Do not touch anything under the spectators platform or stairs.
We are doing everything we can to ensure the safety of all.
Our Covid-19 policy is Business Operation Policy Update COVID19 Our risk assessments are Hydro Bubble Risk Assessment Hydro Disabled Private Sessions Risk Assessment Squads Risk Assessment, any questions please ask.